About Alpas Camps And Resorts
Alpas camps and Resorts is located at Kodanadu at an altitude of 1900 meters above the sea level. The resort is surrounded by Tea Plantations. The resort has a commanding view of Moyar Valley, Rangasamy Peak and Bavani Sagar Dam.
The campsite and resort is located in western ghats overlooking eastern ghats. Our campsite is perfect place for night sky photography and also the sunrise spot.
Alpas camps and Resorts is equipped with camping tents (with 3 variants), a dining hall and Westerised washrooms. We encourage family camping and provide a safe and serene atmosphere for the families and solo travellers.
Alpas means “break free or un-wind”. Our idea of holiday is to break free for the monotony of the routine. Discover in some sense means “learn” something. We at Alpas Camps and Resorts want our guests to have a great learning experience from the nature and also un-wind in her bosom.
We also have indoor games such as Mini table tennis, Dart, Archery, Carrom Board and small collection of books for the guests who wish to relax and stay put in the campus itself.
Kodanadu is a small village in Nilgiris. Around 120 families reside in the village including Toda tribes. Kodanad was once very famous for vast tract of shola grassland forest and some of the remnants of that forest still exist in tact even today.
Kodanad is beautiful all throughout the year. In summers, the visitors can enjoy beautiful panoramic view of Eastern Ghats, Moyar Valley, Rangaswamy peak, Bhavanisagar Dam etc. In winters, the mercury drops up to 6 degrees Celsius, skies are generally clear and guests can enjoy starry nights & spot constellations. In rainy season, one can enjoy beautiful display of cloud drops and lightnings on the eastern Ghats. In the month of June and July, when ever it rains in Kerala, Kodanadu receives strong winds up to 50 – 70 km/h pulling along with it the white clouds. To feel the fast-moving clouds caressing you is once in a lifetime experience. We invite you to come and stay with us to enjoy the beautiful display of the nature.
Campsite Rules and Regulations:
For your safety and better camping experiences and also to get intoxicated by the nature, we have certain rules and regulations which are expected to be followed while at campsite.
- We request our guests to enjoy the nature to the fullest without disturbing the balance of the natural surroundings.
- Please bring the Govt. Issued Identity card and you may need to sign Agreement of Release & Waiver of Liability during check-in.
- Since we are located in an intoxicating atmosphere, we do not allow liquor consumption inside the property. Also the campsite is “Tobacco Free Property”.
- We provide home cooked type vegetarian food.
- We also request our guests to use electricity, water and other resources judiciously.
- Since we are very close to reserve forest, we request guests not to venture out of the property after dark. If you are arriving/leaving late, don’t worry we will accompany you. But you are free to roam inside the property as you please without disturbing other guests.
- We request our customers not to litter the property and places around.
- Zips in Camping tents should be closed all the times.
- Since campsite is located remotely and away from the main road. Vehicles to be parked on road side and you need to walk 400 m and the foot path will be undulating and has sloppy terrain.
- Carrying illegal items and involving in illegal activities are not allowed.
- As directed by Government of Tamilnadu, kindly do not bring plastics.
- Activities are arranged subjected to environmentl conditions.
2,332 total views, 1 views today